Friday, April 1, 2011

Danbo Feels

D-A-N-B-O

I have a new obsession. It's far from the usual ones -- flowery, fluffy, sparkly things. This one's very.. square. And cute! But Arielle knows how to make it extra cute that I've become so obsessed and started making my own little Danbos.

Danbo (aka Danboard) is a carboard robot from the 28th Chapter of the Japanese manga series Yotsuba&, and underneath the cardboard box suit is Miura Hayasaka!

I asked Arielle Nadel if I could post some shots from her project titled 365 Days of Danboard because it made me smile and I wanted to make you smile, too (now smile)! Arielle is good at a lot of things. I'd say she's most gifted in photography and being a great BFF to Danbo (Right, Danbo?). 365 Days of Danboard shares with us the different sides of Danbo as well as their everyday adventures and experiences.

It's amazing how Arielle is able to bring out emotions in all 365 pictures of the ever straight-faced Danbo. Great work, Arielle!

Little Girl, Don't Kick My Seat

Oven Mitt For One
Tell Us a Bed Time Story
Sneaking in After Dark (My Favorite)
Waiting for the Tide
Rough Mornings
Falling From the Blue Sky
Do Not Wear Your 3D Glasses Until You Enter the Theater
Ready for the Cold Weather
A Sweater Made For Two
Spa Treatment

Sock Race
Will You Be My Valentine?
Here, It's For You
Angel
After the Rain
Taking a Stroll
Danbo the Artist
Guess Who!

I Dominate!
Danbo Watches a Movie
The Ghost of Danbo's Return!
Danbo Discovers Skype
A Day of Rest
The Distance Between Us
Smacked Right into Danbo's Face
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
The Rain Makes Danbo and Wall-E Feel Alive
Ghosts Love to Tell Stories
The Haunting
Watch Out! A Monster is Coming
Tears Hidden in the Rain
Danbo and the Land of Mushrooms
Hopscotch
Danbos and the Storm
 


Hiding All This Time
And Their Journey Will Go On

More pictures @ Arielle's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bunnyrel/sets/72157615647396658/with/3493359775/

5 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! it did make me smile :) hahaha the pictures are so goood! my favorite's the one with wall-E under the rain and the "are you afraid of the dark" one. SO CUTEEE i wanna be a danbo -gab

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can be my Danbo, I'll take pictures of you! You don't even need to smile! And you're surely far less awkward than Danbo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! I have the plain version as the Amazon one was expensive at the time...love it! I also made myself a Moleskine cover with a Danbo illustration, check it out: http://www.etsy.com/listing/76509503/danbo-moleskine-cahier

    ReplyDelete